Why Spaghetti Squash Rocks
Spaghetti squash brings its Vitamin A game, and is rich in potassium, beta carotene and folic acid. Whole 30 dieters love this squash and commonly regard the spaghetti imitating texture a perfect substitute for carb heavy pastas. Spaghetti squash works brilliantly as a bed to top with proteins or other veggie medleys.
- 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish
- large knife
- cutting board
- oven mitts
Spaghetti Squash Quick Time Preparation
Dani lays out the keys to the quick preparation and you will appreciate her no nonsense approach to the versatility of spaghetti squash. Here are the preparation steps Dani covers in the short video:
- Place squash on cutting board and pierce the squash 8-10 times with fairly deep cuts to allow steam to escape
- Place squash in microwave safe dish and set timer 4-5 minutes per pound. Rotate squash at half-way point
- Remove from microwave when squash is soft. Add cook time if not soft
- Remove from dish and place on cooking board and let stand a few minutes to handle safely
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds and use fork to scrape squash onto serving dish
- Season to taste, optionally sprinkle parmesan cheese onto squash
Spaghetti squash is versatile, easy to store, and simple to prepare. Give the gourd its due- and make your kitchen time a lot less hectic with the healthy choice of squash.
Featured photo credit: Brent Hofacker via shutterstock.com