Many people think that in order to have an hourglass figure (full bust and hips, small waist), you have to be born with the right genetics. To some extent, this is true but any woman can have this figure, and no, you don’t have to go out and get expensive cosmetic surgery to do so. You just need to have enough of a desire to have this figure that you will work hard for it. Here are some of the things you will need to do in order to have a perfect hourglass figure.
1. Eat Properly
Great bodies are made in the kitchen. We all know that in order to be healthy, we need to follow a healthy, well-balanced diet. This is especially important when you are trying to get that hourglass figure. For instance, if you need to lose weight, you will need to cut your caloric intake.
You should also be eating healthy foods, such as fruits and vegetables, good proteins, good fats (yes, we need fats, but there is a difference between the good and the bad), fiber, decrease your overall sugar intake, etc. Also, start drinking more water. Not only will it help you to lose weight, it will also do wonders for your skin, hair, and nails. Drinking water will also help you to eat less, because your brain will be fooled into thinking that you have eaten.
2. Get Waisted
Another great way to gain an hourglass shape is through waist training. Latex waist trainers especially work great with your normal exercise routines as it helps rump up perspiration in the mid section while molding your body into an hourglass figure. Waist trainers also minimize the overall amount of food you eat and also make you seem like you have an hourglass shape with it on. Many celebrities swear that nothing does a better job in giving you an hourglass figure than a waist trainer.
3. Do the Right Workouts
Everyone needs to get at least a couple of minutes of exercise each day in order to maintain good health. If you want to get an hourglass figure, you need to do specific types of exercises. For instance, you will want to do exercises such as sit-ups, twists, etc. to reduce abdominal fat and get it toned up. You will also want to improve the muscle tone in your butt and breasts, which is going to make them look larger without making them look fat.
It is also a good idea to walk or run to keep your legs well-toned. Don’t forget to work your arms as well, because even if you get that hourglass figure, you won’t be happy if you still have flabby arms. Some recommended exercises that will help you achieve the hourglass shape include:
- Cardio – This is going to help slim down the mid section of your body, and get your legs nice and toned. Some of the best cardio workouts you can do include jogging, riding a bike, interval training, and dancing. To reach your goals, it is recommended that you do 30 minutes of cardio, five times each week. To emphasize on your waist, it’s recommended to do these exercises with a waist trainer.
- Butt Toning – There are specific exercises you can do that will help firm and tone your butt. These include lunges, squats, and leg curls.
- Leg Toning – Toned legs are part of the perfect hourglass figure. To get great legs, some of the exercises you should be doing include lateral step-ups, side lunges, and Pilates.
- Upper Body Toning – Don’t forget about your upper arms and shoulders. Exercises you can do to keep these areas toned include bench dips, shoulder presses, and arm circles.
- Increase Your Breast Size – You can do this without surgery if you are doing the right exercises. To increase the size of your breasts, try doing push-ups, bench presses, and dumbbell flies.
Featured photo credit: lauren rushing via flickr.com