Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
100 Tiny Swaps That Can Make Your Life Totally Different
Small things add up. If you want to improve your life, check out these 100 small swaps you can make today to improve various aspects of your life, making you happier, healthier, and more productive.
1. Swap texting for a phone call. Even if you initially feel shy or awkward, once you are used to making phone calls you will find them faster and more enjoyable!
2. Swap sitting on social media for an hour for Skyping with a friend. You will have more fun and you will strengthen a bond with someone you love.
3. Swap each complaint for gratitude. The world will seem like a more positive place when you change your outlook.
4. Swap watching television to reading a book. It is more peaceful and relaxing, and nothing feels better than getting lost in a book.
5. Swap playing on your phone for taking a walk. People can waste hours checking Twitter and Instagram on their phones – instead of looking at filtered pictures, go get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors.
6. Swap stressing for meditation – it is much more likely to relax you.
7. Swap frowning for smiling – it will help you to feel happier and more positive.
8. Swap safe clothes for your favourite top to feel more confident.
9. Swap falling asleep whenever for setting a bedtime – this will improve your sleeping habits and the quality of your sleep.
10. Swap seething for venting. If you feel annoyed, talking it out will help to relax you and clear your head.
11. Swap ignoring strangers for smiling at them. It will improve your mood – and theirs!
12. Swap over-planning for saying “no.” If you don’t want to do something, be honest. You will be happier for it!
13. Swap being alone for throwing a gathering with your friends. It is better for your mental wellbeing and a great way to maintain friendships!
14. Embrace your flaws instead of worrying about them. No one is perfect, and everyone should embrace their uniqueness.
15. Instead of forcing friendships, let some people go. Not all friendships last forever and trying to maintain bad ones is often stressful.
16. Swap sitting inside for sitting outside when the weather is good. The park is a beautiful, atmospheric place to read a book or get some work done.
17. Swap passive-aggressive behaviour for upfront honesty. It is better for your emotional state to work out problems rather than skirt around them.
18. Instead of being pessimistic, be optimistic. You weren’t born one or the other; it is a choice how you choose to see the world.
19. Swap uncomfortable heels for shoes you love. If you are comfortable, you will be happier and more confident.
20. Swap driving alone for carpooling. You will save money on petrol and have fun with your coworkers!
21. Swap worrying about previous mistakes for focusing on the future. The past is set in stone, but anything could happen in your future.
22. Instead of overeating when you are upset, journal your feelings. This will help you to deal with and work through your problems.
23. Instead of criticising yourself, try praising yourself.
24. Instead of sitting at home with no plans, volunteer with a local charity.
25. Instead of trying to please everyone, realize that you can’t actually please everyone. It is better to focus on pleasing yourself and your loved ones.
26. Instead of doing nothing on your commute, do some work to make it more productive.
27. Instead of under-planning, write a to-do list when you start work so you know exactly what you need to do.
28. Instead of treating yourself when shopping, start an emergency fund. You never know when you will need it!
29. Instead of procrastinating, improve your resume.
30. Swap working late for starting early. Most people are at their most productive when they first wake up.
31. Swap procrastination for planning. If you don’t feel like working right now, you can at least set a time to start.
32. Instead of working a job you dislike, create a start-up company that you feel passionate about.
33. Swap a lay-in for an early morning to have a more productive, successful day.
34. Swap daunting goals for small milestones so you can watch your progress more accurately.
35. Instead of spending freely, set a budget so you know where your money goes.
36. Swap a cluttered workplace for a clean one for a more productive working day.
37. Swap working on lots of tasks for working on one. Research shows that we are less productive when we multitask.
38. Instead of buying a new car, start to save for your retirement.
39. Instead of watching TV, take night classes to advance your skills.
40. Instead of emailing throughout the night for work, switch off your phone and reply to all of the emails during work hours.
41. Instead of emailing throughout the working day, set times aside to check your email so you can focus on your other work.
42. Instead of being unsure of your progress, set goals so that you can see your success.
43. Instead of keeping your keys on you, set aside a place in your home where you can keep them so you never waste time looking for them.
44. Swap spending for saving. Simply saving $10 a week will make a huge difference after one year.
45. Instead of making a list of things to do in your mind, write it down so you can see what you need to do.
46. Instead of feeling baffled, use the internet to find the answers to all of your questions.
47. Instead of struggling to focus at work, try to accomplish something every hour.
48. Swap excuses for honesty. You will achieve more when you are realistic about yourself!
49. Swap too-much technology for the right amount. Delete social apps you don’t use and install new ones that will help you to work.
50. Instead of working endlessly, work for 50 minutes, take a 10-minute break, and repeat.
51. Swap driving to work for cycling. It is great for your body and the fresh air will help to wake you up.
52. Swap taking the lift for taking the stairs.
53. Instead of taking a nap, go to the gym to wake up and get your blood pumping.
54. Swap doing nothing before your shower for some exercise. You’re already washing yourself, may as well get sweaty first!
55. Swap driving to the local shop for walking.
56. Swap guessing how to get fit for a personal trainer.
57. Swap getting a taxi for getting a bus. The walk to the bus will be good for your heart.
58. Swap playing online for playing on the Wii. There are tonnes of fun games that get you moving around!
59. Swap a workout you hate for a workout you enjoy. If you don’t like squats, don’t do them!
60. Swap exercising immediately for warming up.
61. Instead of working out alone, work out with a friend to make it more fun.
62. Swap no exercise for 10 sit-ups before you go to sleep.
63. Swap running on a treadmill for running outside. The terrain is often more rocky and uphill so you get more of a workout.
64. Swap your office chair for an exercise ball.
65. Instead of holding the bar when you run on a treadmill, go hands-free. This will challenge your body more, so you will get more out of your workout.
66. Swap a movie date for an active date. Walking around the park is just as fun – and cheaper!
67. Swap running for walking if you are unfit. Run until you can’t, and then move to walking – this way you can build up your stamina.
68. Swap planks for crunches to get great abs.
69. Swap sitting at work for standing for 10 minutes every hour.
70. Swap no exercise for a morning jog. This is great for your heart and mental health!
71. Instead of working out in old clothes, work out in new workout clothes that you love. It will help you to feel more confident in yourself, pushing you to achieve more.
72. Instead of doing the same old workout, make it more intense. This will push your body and improve your fitness quickly!
73. Instead of watching your children play, join in with them. This is one of the most fun ways you can work out – and your children will love it!
74. Swap taking the escalator for taking the stairs.
75. Swap snoozing for doing some yoga next to your bed for 15 minutes.
76. Swap depriving yourself of food for moderation. You can still enjoy food while being healthy!
77. Instead of eating out for dinner, cook for yourself. It will be cheaper – and often it is more healthy.
78. Swap a meat dinner for a vegetarian dinner. This is often better for your body and the environment.
79. Swap a glass of OJ for an actual orange. You miss out on the fibres when you drink juice, so you don’t get the full benefits.
80. Swap buying fruit and vegetables at your local store for your farmers’ market. According to the USDA, it may be healthier, and it promotes local food trade.
81. Drink a glass of water instead of a fizzy drink. It will be better for you, but equally as hydrating.
82. Swap pre-made dressings for your own. You can make a great dressing with just lemon juice, pepper, and balsamic oil!
83. Instead of deep-frying food, pan-fry the food to make it healthier – but just as delicious.
84. Swap popsicles for frozen grapes. They are just as sweet and refreshing!
85. Swap normal tea for green tea to help detox your body.
86. Instead of overeating at a restaurant, take a doggy bag home for later. The food will still be good!
87. Eat slowly instead of quickly to improve your digestive system.
88. Swap a quick breakfast for a healthy breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, so eat something healthy to set yourself up for a productive day.
89. Swap lettuce for other dark leaves. Spinach and kale have more flavour and more vitamins!
90. Cook with whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta to get more fibre in your diet.
91. Swap soda for tonic water as a healthier alternative.
92. If you like dips, go for salsa instead of cheesy dips. It is just as tasty, but it is far better for you!
93. Swap crisps for popcorn if you want a healthier salty snack.
94. Swap beef for fish once a week. Fish is great for your heart, and you can make some seriously delicious meals with it!
95. Instead of skipping meals and snacking, make sure you always eat 3 meals every day.
96. Pack lunch for work instead of buying sandwiches while you are out – it is much cheaper and healthier!
97. Swap white rice for brown rice when you are cooking at home as a healthy alternative.
98. Swap mayonnaise for mustard if you want to keep the flavor but cut down on calories.
99. Swap bacon for turkey if you like to eat meat but you want to cut down on salt.
100. Use avocado instead of butter on your toast in the morning for a tasty, healthy breakfast.
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.