Dr. Seuss said it best when he described love. Love is weird, love is different, love is something words can’t really describe. I’ve given it a try with these 14 examples of what love is really like. What does love mean to you?
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love – true love.” – Dr. Seuss
1. Love is taking the good with the bad.
2. Love is accepting the morning breath, the runny nose and the bad hair days.
3. Love is letting go of your ego.
4. Love is respecting the other person’s beliefs.
5. Love is standing up for yourself.
6. Love is knowing when to back off.
7. Love is knowing when to say no.
8. Love is allowing the other person to be themselves.
9. Love is listening.
10. Love is being judgement free.
11. Love is a constant challenge.
12. Love is fun!
13. Love is friendship.
14. Love is unique.
Featured photo credit: Kike Alvarez via flickr.com