Many people can be called influential. Some are influential to their families, their communities, or an entire generation. But then there are those rare few that actually influence the world, and end up changing it for the better. Oprah Winfrey is just such a person. If anyone hasn’t heard of this powerful woman, you’ve seriously been missing out.
After a very difficult childhood, Oprah Winfrey was determined not to let that hold her back. In the 1970’s, she began her career in television hosting a talk show in Maryland, where she was then recruited to host a different talk show in Chicago. It was during this show, A.M. Chicago, that Oprah Winfrey really hit the ground running. Because of her major success, she was given the opportunity to launch her own show, the Oprah Winfrey show. It was here that history was made.
The show was an absolute sensation with viewers tuning in not just to hear what this powerful female had to say, but also to see the amazing stories that she shared, watch the amazing generosity she showed to so many people, and generally feel good once the show was over. As if being a mega hit in the talk show circuit wasn’t enough, she also began acting and had a very significant role in Steven Spielberg’s film, The Color Purple. Oprah Winfrey now has an entire television network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), a major book club that spans across countries, and is considered one of the wealthiest African Americans of the 20th century. But she hasn’t kelp all of that money to herself, the generosity that she’s shown with her money and with the fantastic things she’s done for her audiences, friends, and charities is beyond outstanding. Oprah’s Angel Network has reportedly raised more than $51,000,000 for various charities such as girl’s education in South Africa and Hurricane Katrina relief.
With all of these amazing accomplishments, it’s not really surprising that she has some incredibly inspirational things to say about being successful and a positive person.
1. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.”
2. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
3. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.”
4. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
5. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
6. “Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.”
7. “When I look into the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes.”
8. “I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.”
9. “I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.”
10. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.
To read these and more inspiration quotes from the beautiful Oprah Winfrey, check out BrainyQuotes!
Featured photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aphrodite-in-nyc/ via flickr.com