“Post some Instagram photos!”, she said – “It’ll be fun!”, she said. Truth is, Instagram IS fun, gratifying even, as long as people are liking your photos. That’s sometimes easier said than done, however. We’ve all been there, sitting pretty with a brand new Instagram account, getting less than 3 likes per post, wondering, “How on earth am I supposed to know what other people want to see?”
Check out 5 of the most popular types of Instagram photos we could find.
1. Quotivational Instagram PhotosCara Delevigne. Fitness and entrepreneurial Instagram accounts tend to favor these types of photos as well, spanning a wide variety of demographics – displaying it’s versatility.
2. Organizational Instagram PhotosInstagram influencers. Maybe it’s the little bit of Type-A present in each of us, but the premise is simple – appeal to the human urge for order. If Herschel Supply can use the opportunity to promote the spaciousness of their line of backpacks – just imagine the possibilities you could tap into with a little clever thinking and strategic research.
3. Seasonal Instagram Photosseason-themed photos around big holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentines Day, etc. Everyone’s attention is already going to be fixated on the day at hand, so give them more of what they want! Instead of a picture of your dog – try a picture of your reindeer. Spice things up with some snowflake latte art. Valentines Day? Hearts. Hearts everywhere.
4. Text Message Screenshot Photos
Ever felt the urge to snoop on your neighbor’s text conversation? Don’t lie, we’ve all done it. Who doesn’t want a peek at forbidden knowledge!? Try capturing that addictive quality with humorous screenshots of text conversations. They don’t even have to be real conversations. One humorous account displayed texts just between a dog and his owner! Real stories are great too though – some encounters just can’t be made up. Some of the most popular Instagram accounts are comprised entirely of photos like these.
5. User Generated Instagram PhotosInstagram promotion, they encouraged their users to capture appealing moments by promising a chance at being shared from Calvin Klein’s main account. Not only did this become wildly popular, it sparked viral sharing.
Create Your Own Ideas
If you’re looking to create your own type of idea, or are just looking to put a new spin on one of the classics above, you’re going to want to look to popular Instagram influencers who have inspired and amazed countless others. Take what they’ve done and build off it. Create something using tried-and-true principles, but put your own twist on it. Post Instagram photos that uniquely represent you. Always remember that the real reason people are following you – is you.