Often, designers are observed to make objects with as high usefulness quotient as possible. However Katerina Kamprani, an architect and graphics designer, has re-designed everyday objects for her pet project “The Uncomfortable” where just the opposite is true. She has done the exact opposite to finding the perfect solution to a problem. So much so, that these designs can make you extremely uncomfortable when you imagine trying to use them. Hope you don’t get mad!
1. Want to buy matching cushions for these extra non-comfy chairs?
2. Quitting alcohol is tough. These glasses might help.
3. Just imagine using these vessels in your kitchen. Frustrating.
4. Stairs to where? Where do you wish to go?
5. Feel like having soup or noodles with these?
6. Pessimistic coffee mugs are the worst way to start your day!
7. Watering can watering itself? Uselessness at its peak!
8. Rain boots without the toes? Wow!
9. It’s better to get drenched than use this cement umbrella!
10. Such a pretty bowl. But oh so maddening!
11. Why? Why would anyone want to wear it…
12. This is actually quite funny.
13. Try to look sophisticated eating your cereal using this!
Featured photo credit: Architect Katerina Kamprani, Athens, April 2014/Angelos Christofilopoulos via fosphotos.com