Sometimes things don’t go exactly the way we expected, but we shouldn’t let failure and mistakes discourage us. And we should never lose confidence. In fact, the biggest mistake one can make is giving up on something after having worked hard on it, just because it seems too difficult or too time consuming to achieve. The secret is to keep going without wondering too much about how we will get to the end. This makes things easier, and helps save time and useless efforts.
I have a good example of someone who didn’t let anything stop or discourage him. His name is Nick Vujicic. Have you ever heard of him? Nick Vujicic is one of the most famous motivational speaker in the world, he’s an author, musician, actor, and his hobbies include fishing, painting and swimming. He also graduated from Griffith University when he was 21 with a Bachelor of Commerce, with a double major in accountancy and financial planning. He is a brilliant, inspiring and successful individual, not only for his fame and all his qualities, but for having achieved everything without arms and legs, without giving up.
Can you imagine the strength and the tenacity of someone who accomplished all this without limbs? This shows you that you can do a lot in your life, you can achieve whatever you want if you strongly commit to it, whatever adversity you face. Don’t be scared if it takes time to reach your goals, and don’t be scared if it seems difficult. If you work on it slowly, step by step, believing in it, you will do a great job.
How many times do we wonder why many people succeed, while we just lead our normal lives, and never stand out of the crowd? The answer is that perseverance is what makes the difference, and Nick Vujicic is the best example of it. We should observe this exceptional person, and we should follow in his footsteps. For this reason, I have collected the 18 best motivational quotes ever about perseverance and determination, to inspire you, and help you have the strength to overcome any obstacle you may encounter.
1. “I type 40 words per minute on a normal computer with my left foot. And with two cups of coffee, I can do 53 words per minute.”
2. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.”
3. “Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.”
4. “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.”
5. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop.”
6. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
7. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
8. “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.”
9. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
-A. A. Milne
10. “Trees that are slow to grow, bear the best fruit.”
11. “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
12. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”
13. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.”
14. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
15. “I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance.
It overcomes almost everything, even nature.”
-John D. Rockefeller
16. “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.”
17. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.”
18. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”
-John Quincy Adams
Featured photo credit: Determination & Perseverance quotes and sayings via flickr.com