If you are fairly quiet, you will already know the joy – and annoyance – of having a talkative friend. They make your life more interesting and fun and you love having them around. Check out 20 traits of talkative friends that you will undoubtedly understand.
1. They love to share everything with you
so you know all of intimate details from their grossest, most embarrassing stories. You can still vividly picture the stories in your head, although you wish you couldn’t.
2. Your talkative friend always takes the lead when you two meet new people
which you are really grateful for – hurray, no awkwardness for you to deal with!
3. They routinely got sent out of class when you were at school for talking too much
in fact, you’re pretty sure they still get told off at work for being so chatty.
4. Talkative people are often very inquisitive
so you are used to having lots of random questions quickly fired at you every time you chat.
5. You try to avoid them if you are behind on your favorite TV show
because they always accidentally tell you what is going to happen. They don’t mean to blurt out spoilers, but they just get so excited to discuss the show.
6. Don’t ask a talkative friend “how are you?” unless you really want to know the answer
It won’t just be a few words; it will be an in-depth analysis of their mood, filled with details from their day.
7. You always go to your talkative friend if you need an opinion on something
because you know they will be honest and helpful.
8. You have seen so many people tell your talkative friend to be quiet
from their parents to their boss to their partner. Nothing seems to have changed, though; they are as loud as ever!
9. They don’t mind if you don’t pay full attention all of the time
they just appreciate having someone around who is willing to listen.
10. Talkative people prefer calling to texting
and if they do text you, you can guarantee it will be a very long text.
11. They also prefer hanging out in person rather than online
because they simply cannot type as fast as they think.
12. As they are so talkative, you often hear the same stories over and over again
but the stories are interesting and funny, so you don’t really mind.
13. Talkative people often say things without thinking, but you never get offended or upset
you understand that sometimes they struggle to have a filter.
14. Whenever they are quiet you always get worried that there is something wrong
Are they sick? Have you done something wrong? A rare moment of quiet says almost as much as them talking!
15. Talkative people love to share good news
you’re used to receiving texts, emails and calls simultaneously to keep you updated when something good happens.
16. Talkative people have an opinion on everything
so you get to have some pretty interesting and intelligent discussions when you are with them.
17. On the flip side, they have so many strong opinions
there are just some subjects you totally avoid bringing up now.
18. If you go out for lunch with your talkative friend…
you can guarantee their food will go cold before they finish eating it.
19. They speak so fast sometimes you have no idea what they are saying
You have to focus really hard to stay on track, and you still sometimes miss parts of what they are saying.
20. There are no dull moments whenever you hang out with your talkative friend
it is always guaranteed to be a fun and exciting day.
Can you think of anymore traits you find in talkative friends? Comment your ideas below!