I am a cookie monster. Therefore, I feel the need to share all of these amazing cookie recipes with you today.
I grew up with a single mom who was way too busy to cook anything from scratch except her famous chocolate chip cookies. Helping mom carefully stir the batter, forming (oddly shaped) cookie dough balls and sneaking little bittersweet chocolate chips were precious memories from my childhood. It makes me feel all warm and gooey inside just thinking about it. Or maybe I’m describing the way a freshly baked cookie tastes right out of the oven?
Cookies are simply the best dessert ever created. I even created an entire Pinterest board for this delectable dessert filled with over 200 cookie recipes that I personally pinned.
Let me explain exactly why cookies are so awesome:
- Cookies are single serve. No utensils are needed to divide them up.
- They aren’t hard at all to transport. No cake tin or pie plate cover necessary.
- Cookies are the perfect party dessert since you can stand and eat them (see: no utensils needed).
- They freeze well (so you can save more for later… and not eat the entire batch in one sitting).
- Cookies make excellent gifts.
- They can even be made a breakfast option, if you reduce the sugar
- They taste amazing if you find the right recipe and figure out what your preferred texture is (soft? cakey? crisp? chewy?)
Here are some recipes to get you started and hopefully win you over to the view that cookies are the best dessert option for so many reasons:
1. Lemon Snickerdoodle Funfetti Cookies via Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
These puffy little cookies boast the cinnamon-sugar sweetness of snickerdoodles with the added fun of sprinkles- and a little something extra from the lemon.
2. Double Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies (Grain Free) via In it 4 the Long Run
Not only does this recipe have double chocolate credentials, it’s also grain-free and boasts health benefits from almond butter and dark chocolate!
3. Monster Pretzel Cookies via The Baker Mama
These cookies are aptly names “monster” because of the monstrous amount of ingredients! The author packs in oatmeal, M&Ms, peanut butter and pretzels into one little cookie.
4. Candy Bar Cookies via Bitz + Giggles
Who wouldn’t love stuffing candy into a cookie? This recipe is made with cake mix which makes them soft and chewy (and a tad easier to make).
5. The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe via A Spicy Perspective
I’m always a tad skeptical when someone boasts that they’ve made “the best” anything, but the author has a list of detailed tips on making the best sugar cookies. They’ve definitely won me over.
6. Butter Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cookies via Averie Cooks
What a perfect fall recipe, featuring pumpkin and pecans! The author talks about how creamy they are because she used actual cream in making them. She then lists a bazillion other cookie recipes she’s made on her blog, so you will want to check those out as well.
7. Almond Delight Cookies via Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
If you love almonds, you need to try these cookies. Not only do they contain almond extract and slivered almonds, there is actual almond flour wrapped up in the dough too.
8. The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies via Pinch of Yum
So, all of these photos in this chocolate chip cookies recipe look amazing and I struggled to pick one, but what is arguably even more amazing is the author’s funny banter in the post.
9. Grain Free Protein Peanut Butter Cookies via Fit Foodie Finds
These cookies are super simple and packed with protein. I would probably eat these for breakfast.
10. Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies via Averie Cooks
The secret to the best softbatch cookies according to Averie is cornstarch. Interesting, right?
11. Reese’s Stuffed Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies via Mom on Timeout
Here’s another example of how awesome it can be to stuff candy into a cookie.
12. Chewy Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies via Back to Her Roots
Have you ever tried coffee or espresso in a chocolate dessert? It’s magnificent. It will also give you a good kick in the pants if your energy is low.
13. Salted Vanilla Toffee Cookies via Sally’s Baking Addiction
I remember making a basic cookie recipe, but subbing the chocolate chips for toffee and everyone at work went bananas. I think a salted toffee version would be even better.
14. Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies via Just a Taste
Should I tell you the secret or make you go to the recipe? Maybe I will just give you a hint: it’s a main component in cheesecake and it makes the cookies creamy. Any guesses?
15. Frosted Flakes Chocolate Chip Cookies via Crazy for Crust
Here’s another weird ingredient recipe for cookies that looks absolutely amazing. Where do people come up with these ideas?
16. Peanut Butter Cookies via Smitten Kitchen
The name of this cookie recipe is simple, but the recipe sounds divine— especially when peanut butter chips and chocolate chips are involved!
17. 5 Ingredient Oreo Cheesecake Cookies via Baker by Nature
I was kind of amazed to see that a recipe with Oreos and cheesecake already in the title only required three more ingredients—and it’s true. Only five ingredients are needed to create this mouthwatering cookie recipe.
18. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies via Something Swanky
These cookies remind me of Christmas, for some reason. Maybe it’s the powdered sugar surrounding the brownie-like cookie?
So, tell me… which of these fabulous cookie recipes will you try first?
Featured photo credit: Amanda at Diary of a Semi-Health Nut via semihealthyblog.com