I have a few goals for 2014 – to find work that I enjoy and that satisfies me, to maybe find someone to have fun with, become healthier without necessarily focusing on losing weight, pick up learning Italian…
Ultimately I want to keep writing what I love and getting back into exploring music and reading books (which I’ve slowed down on recent years) and film and fashion and art… basically I want to go doing what interests me and I love.
I have a feeling 2014 is going to be a big year for me! I really want to focus on more of my hobbies. I’m training for a half marathon right now, so I’d like to really intensify my workouts. I want to learn more about yoga and baking! I’d also like to buy a house!
I hope every one can find some time to work on themselves this year!
Last year I entered a boxing match with a 2,000 person crowd (scary) which involved some intense training, raising about £2k for charity. It was great.
This year I’m thinking of something a little more cerebral. More yoga and meditation. I want to write a book, and make an Acid House EP (EDM). Oh and the Tough Mudder race, that should be fun. :)
2013 was the first year for which I set goals – unfortunately I moved to another continent and left the diary behind which had my list of goals. Oops.
Therefore, I made my 2014 goals both in my Life Handbook and in my Todoist account. It’s a long list, but even though I might not achieve every single thing, it helps me to bring focus into my year, months, weeks and days…
My main goals for 2014 are the following:
– get back onto the FLO living protocol for eating and time management
– try a month of writing daily from 6am to 8am
– start up a laboratory at the university where I’m currently employed
– try a month of going to the gym daily at 6am
– transform my blog
– eat vegan for a month
– revisit the Silva course
– get involved in a bridge design project
– teach awesome courses to my students
– find friends in my new city Quito
– give up refined sugar for 40 days
– write a book
– organize a science communication course
– buy an apartment
– teach a social media workshop
– write 10 guest posts for other blogs
– graduate 4 thesis students
– write a grant proposal for novel research
– submit at least 6 journal papers for review (priority number 1!)
– exercise daily
– meditate daily
– journal daily
– learn Spanish
– read 60 books
And a few fun activities that I want to do:
– go hike in a national park
– celebrate our 5 year anniversary with a lovely weekend getaway
– run a race
– play more music and find a band
– go horseriding in nature
– volunteer a couple of days on an organic farm and forest-keeping project
– get involved with the local TEDx community
– write a bundle of poems and publish them
– go for a singing weekend
– study an NLP course
– climb the Cotopaxi volcano
– attend a meditation workshop
– do one handscraft project
– go on a yoga weekend
– draw 7 mandalas
Boy has the past year flown! 2013 has been a year of exploring my passions: writing, healthy living, and happiness on my blog.
In 2014, I would like to take it a step further by self-publishing a few Ebooks related to happiness and healthy living. I plan to accomplish this by carving out more time for writing every morning, and spending a significant portion of time on the weekends devoted to my personal projects.