Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
Top 10 Time Killers (and How to Fight Back)
Whether you are the executive of a fast growing company or a businessman trying to get home to see your family, there are certain aspects of society that will kill your time and productivity. Here is a list of the top 10 killers of your time.Whether you are the executive of a fast growing company or a businessman trying to get home to see your family, there are certain aspects of society that will kill your time and productivity. Here is a list of the top 10 killers of your time.
1. Emails – over 33% of people spend between 1-2 hours checking their emails and 22% spend 2 hours or more.
2. Internet surfing – a two minute video turns into another article, then a news story. Internet surfing kills time and 8 out of 10 people spend more than 2 hours daily
3. Watching TV – with all the capable television shows available, it’s hard to stay focused. A total of 26% of people spend between 1-2 hours watching TV every day
4. Procrastination – this is a less tangible time killer, but equally deadly. Waiting to finish a project can lead to serious problems
5. Meetings – sometimes they’re necessary, but sometimes they’re not. 18% of the population spends between 1-2 hours in meetings
6. Non-business conversations – it’s great to chat with friends, but it is definitely a time killer. 90% of people spend up to 2 hours a day chatting
7. Commuting / Travel time – traveling from home to work can eat tons of time. Only 31% spend no time traveling as they work from home
8. Social networking – as social media becomes more pervasive, so does the time wasting. 75% of people spend up to 2 hours daily on social networking sites
9. Texting / cell phones – they may keep us connected, but these little guys are serious time wasters
10. Red tape – every government or system comes with red tape and 75% of the population deal with some form on a daily basis
Source: Office Time
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.