There are few people who haven’t heard of Google. But here are some interesting facts about Google, the most popular search engine, that you may not know yet.
1. Go to Google homepage and type the words “I want to commit suicide”. Above all the search results, Google provides the Suicide Helpline number of your country.
2. A young girl wrote to Google to give her father a day off as it was his birthday. This is what Google sent back in reply. Now, that is something. (Source -Facebook)
3. Go to Google Maps. Click on the satellite view and zoom out as much as possible. You can see an amazing view of earth with real time shadows. You can see real time clouds if you zoom in twice. Pretty amazing, right?
4. Google has a pet T-rex, named Stan, which lives at their California headquarters. Founders bought it to remind the employees to not let Google go extinct.
5. Search “atari breakout” in Google Images and you can play the game. Try it now.
6. Google has been acquiring, on average, more than one company per week since 2010. Source–List of mergers and acquisitions by Google
7. Go to Google Mars. You can see a map of Mars. Cool !
8. Type any number in the search bar and Google will spell it out for you.
9. Google’s home page has 28 validation errors and five warnings. Check it out here: Google Validation
10. Should a U.S. Google employee pass away while under the employ of the 14-year old search giant, their surviving spouse or domestic partner will receive a check for 50% of their salary every year for the next decade. Source- http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghanc…
11. Google HQ rents goats from California Grazing to mow their lawns and fields. The employees think that it’s a lot cuter to watch goats do the mowing than lawn mowers. Mowing with Goats
12. Google is a wedding planner. Yes, you heard it right. Plan your special day with Google Wedding.
13. Google Sky Maps allows you to view stars, constellations, galaxies and planets. Check out www.google.com/sky.
Get An Awesome Life
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content