The studentlinc weblog gives some insight into how to create and manage your to do list using Jott and Gmail. The process involves using Jott in combination with the filter feature of Gmail:Read full content
Here’s the Gmail side of it:
Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for…here’s where the two meet and create my to do list.
1. If you don’t have an account with Gmail, you must set one up by going here.
2. Once you have logged into your Gmail account, go to the “Labels” box on the sidebar and click on “Edit labels”.
3. In the entry box marked “Create a new label”, type in the name of your label that you will store all of your to do’s and hit enter. (Mine is called “*TODO” – the asterisk keeps the label at the top of the list of labels in the sidebar).
4. Now go to the top of the screen and click on “Settings” then “Filters” then “Create A New Filter”.
5. In the “From” box, enter the email address “email@example.com”. In the “Has the words” box, enter “[Jott to Self]” (Note: you must enter this phrase or every email from Jott will be labeled as a to do.)
6. Click on the “Next Step»” button.
7. On the new page that comes up, you will choose an action. Select the “Apply the label:” box and select your to do label you created from the pull-down menu.
8. Click on the “Create Filter” button.
Here’s the Jott side of it:
1. Figure out what your to do is. (C’mon, you’ve got to have something to do!? Let’s say I need to remember to make reservations at a hotel).
2. Simply call Jott (set up an account and then dial 1-877-568-8486 from the phone you set up on the account).
3. When the recording starts, it will ask you who this Jott is for. Say “me!”
4. Record your message after the beep: “Remember to make reservations at the hotel.”
5. Hang up. Your Jott will arrive in your email shortly.
studentlinc goes into great detail about how they leverage this process. What do you think? Would this work for you?
Creating My ToDo List Through Jott and Gmail – [studentlinc.com]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook