As Spring roles around in a few short months, it will be time for the infamous “Spring cleaning” in my household. Real Simple has an excellent article that details how to stay clutter-free. The article includes, “Seven strategies for motivating yourself to get rid of the things you don’t want, need, or even like.”
- Envision your home as a prospective buyer might: Uncluttered spaces make the best first impression. They’re also a lot easier to keep clean and dust-free.
- Imagine the potential buyer (or worse, a relative) going through your closets or drawers. What would you not want him or her to see?
- Buy containers and baskets only after you’ve decided what to keep. This way you’ll have a much better sense of the kind of storage you need.
- You don’t have to get rid of things you love or need — you just have to determine what those things are.
- If you’ve ever packed and paid for a move, the motivation for paring down your possessions will be all too clear.
Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros – [Real Simple]