It’s really easy to slide on your work area cleanliness, especially if you work in a busy environment. Ian’s Messy Desk gives 10 tips on how to keep your workspace clean and organized. This is a guide “for the rest of us” on how to keep our desks organized and clean on a daily basis. Nothing too crazy here, just good simple advice:
1. Sort your mail and toss junk as it arrives. Even with an in-basket, you need to process your mail daily to avoid accumulating a stack of paper.
2. Get rid of sticky notes and scraps of paper. Get a single notebook and use it to record notes, phone numbers, web addresses, ideas, to-dos, etc.
3. Create a list or binder of regularly referenced material, such as phone numbers, and keep it accessible in a desk drawer.
4. Schedule filing time at least once per week.
5. Add dated or calendar items to a tickler file system or a diary as soon as they arrive.
Head over to Ian’s Messy Desk for the rest of the tips.
10 Tips to Help Keep Your Desk Clean – Ian’s Messy Desk
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook