Looking to save some cash? Then you won’t want to miss Squakfox’s three part series on ways to get a discount on practically everything (here are links to part two and three). While you should certainly check out the entire series for more details on each of these, the basic 22 ways to get a discount are:
- Ask if you can get a better price.
- Be polite.
- Find the person in charge.
- Schedule haggling sessions for the right time of day.
- Pay in cash.
- Ask about sales.
- Request discounts on foodsthat are about to expire.
- Use rewards points.
- Watch for price scanner errors.
- Join store loyalty clubs.
- Research the best price.
- Buy online.
- Shop with a tablet in hand.
- Use online coupons.
- Take advantage of free shipping.
- Find flaws with in-store items.
- Buy refurbished products.
- Shop out of season.
- Buy in bulk.
- Clip coupons.
- Review your service plans.
- Walk away.
While these 22 ways to get a discount won’t work every time, if you incorporate them regularly, you’ll be amazed at how much you save.
How many times do you spend $5 each day?: How Saving $5 A Day Can Change Your LifeFeatured photo credit: music and saving concept with piano and piggy bank via Shutterstock
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content