Believe it or not, movies can help you eat healthier. Motivation is the name of the game when it comes to healthy eating. We are bombarded with advertising for unhealthy, processed foods almost constantly. Remaining motivated to eat healthier can be a challenge at best. Combat the negative message with some that will help you want to eat healthier.
Movies, specifically documentaries, can help keep the reason why you want to eat healthier in the forefront of your mind. They are also a great way to begin educating your family about food and getting your kids or spouse on board with healthy eating.
- Supersize Me. This is the classic tracking of one man’s journey with a daily fast food diet. Watch what happens to his weight and health as his progress is tracked by doctors. After watching this movie you will think twice about stopping at the drive through.
- Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead. This is the story of one man reversing his illness via a juice fast and how he impacted many others during his journey. This film is revitalizing juicing all over the world.
- Forks Over Knives. This film looks into how a whole food, plant-based diet can reverse illnesses and improve your health. Tired of being sick and tired, learn more about how healthy eating can energize you.
- Food, Inc. Explore the food industry in the United States. Learn how food gets to your grocery shelves. If you and your family have never visited a farm or driven through this nation’s heartland the roots of food production will be quite an eye opener. The treatment of animals and lengths we have gone to in the name of food production will shock even those who’ve raised farm animals.
- Food Matters. Hippocrates famously said “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. Food Matters explores how healthy eating can be help us prevent and recover from illness.
- Crazy Sexy Cancer. This is the documentary of Kris Carr’s journey through a cancer diagnosis in her twenties. Healthy eating, juicing, positive self-work made her healthier, happier and helped her beat cancer.
- Let Me Be Frank. One man’s journey to improve his life and health through food and self-improvement. After years of hard living Frank wants something more, with the help of others watch his journey to a happier, healthier life.
Do you have an inspiring movie that isn’t listed here? Share it in the comments below.
(Photo credit: Fruit on Forks via Shutterstock)Read full content
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook