What you eat is what you are. Eating foods that are harmful for the body leads to ailments, low energy levels, depression and can even be fatal. Following diets that are lop sided like the Atkins (which recommends only protein consumption) or the South Beach Diet only leads to temporary weight loss and almost permanent damage in terms of health and energy.
What you really need is a balanced diet that includes carbohydrates, proteins, fats as well as fiber to ensure a healthy and long life. Aging is the process that occurs when the body cells fall prey to external elements and wither off. If the body cells remain well oxygenated and healthy aging can be postponed. Certain foods can help in preventing cell degeneration.
Below is a list of the top ten anti aging foods that help regain vigor and vitality.
- Avocado – This is one of the most alkalizing foods available. Avocados are very high in vitamin E which is essential for glowing skin and shining hair. It also help keeps those wrinkles off your face. Have a raw avocado salad or a steamed one with some salt to add effect.
- Berries – All berries, especially Gooseberries, are very rich in vitamin C and therefore highly useful to the body. Vitamin C helps in proper blood circulation and provides minerals and salts to all the body parts. Needless to say this helps the body to fight against aging and keep fit.
- Green vegetables – Broccoli, spinach, lettuce, salad leaves and other such greens are highly beneficial for the body. Not only do they help keep the body weight low but also help fight toxins. Fighting toxins is important because a highly toxic body is like a magnet for all kinds of diseases that can harm the body.
- Garlic – This is one of the most important foods provided to us by nature. The benefits of garlic are numerous. It helps prevent cell degeneration, helps keep the blood thin and also prevents heart diseases. It is most beneficial when eaten raw.
- Ginger – This root facilitates digestion and is therefore essential for the body. Ginger keeps bowel movement in shape, thereby enabling good gut health.
- Nuts – Almonds and cashew nuts are like power houses of energy. Consuming nuts on a daily basis will fight that lethargic feeling and fill the body with immense energy.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is rich is important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Apart from these, what makes yogurt one of the most powerful foods is the presence of live bacteria in it. This bacteria helps absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilizes the immune system.
- Whole wheat pasta and brown rice – Carbohydrates are long term energy foods and should never be given up unless you want to invite trouble. Substitute white pasta and rice with whole wheat pasta and brown rice and you will instantly feel the difference in your energy level.
- Melons – Water melons and musk melons not only have an alkalizing effect on the body but also provide the body with essential fluids that it needs for performing various tasks.
- Water – Nothing compares to water Stay away form those aerated drinks for it takes 32 glasses of water to balance out the ill effects of one glass of soda. Water is essential for our body. It flushes out all the toxins from the body. It also provides fluidity for the flow of blood. At least 8 glasses of clean pure water must be consumed on a daily basis.
There is no need to look your age anymore. Flaunt a younger look and live much longer without having to bother to go under the knife. A good exercise routine and a table that offers anti aging foods are the answers to obesity, illness and wrinkles.
Vishal P. Rao runs the Work at Home forum, an online community of those who work from home.