“A picture speaks a thousand words”, what about 24 pictures? Look at these photos taken at different time in different places, what are their impact on you?
1. Make A Wish Foundation made Miles, a 5-year-old leukemia patient’s wish as a “batkid” came true. His little brother was dressed as Robin.
2. Both of these brothers’ dreams came true when they grew up.
3. A cancer patient draws her wish on the mirror.
4. The graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband in Holland.
5. Christians helped to protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt.
6. The grey dog is leading another blind dog, they walk together.
7. This dog Leao, refused to leave the owner’s graveside after she was killed in landslides in Brazil.
8. An Afghan man was offering tea to soldiers.
9. During the Vietnam war, a woman held up a flower in front of the soldiers. It was the symbol of Flower Power Movement.
10. In a Navy’s funeral, the dog mourned for his master.
11. German Chancellor Willy Brandt, who was a part of the resistance against Hitler, fell to his knees in front of the memorial of the Jewish ghetto.
12. A very ill mother watched her daughter’s wedding over Skype.
13. The loving scene of Lucas Hembree and his service dog Juno.
14. Arden McMath had collapsed on the track in a race, and Meghan Vogel carried her across the finish line.
15. In New Delhi, India, poverty-stricken children receive free education from volunteer teachers under the bridge.
16. Pope Francis was kissing a disfigured man.
17. After serving in Iraq for 7 months, the mother could finally meet her child.
18. This man tried whatever he could do to save his wife.
19. This soldier met his baby for the first time.
20. During a memorial service, this 8-year-old boy Christian Golczynski accepted the flag for his father, Marine Staff Sgt. Marc Golczynski.
21. An Ugandan Boy put his hand on a missionary’s.
22. A 5-year-old kid Tanisha Blevin and a 105-year-old victim of Hurricane Katrina evacuated from the convention center with hands holding in New Orleans.
23. After getting married for 88 years, Wu Conghan and his wife Wu Songshi got their very first wedding photo.
24. “Wait for me daddy” This kid was running away from his mother to his father who’s going to a war.
These photos have recorded some of the biggest events in history and in human’s life. It’s interesting how our emotions can connect with these people and animals so deeply even though we don’t know any of them personally. I have to say, I was in tears when I was reading the story behind the photos. Which of these photos strikes you the most?
Featured photo credit: Aaron Thompson via Daily News Journal
Set a Goal For Yourself
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook