Medical News Today turn Mythbusters in this rundown of ten well known nutritional mottoes. Just because you hear it a hundred times doesn’t mean they’re entirely true.
- 10. Eating carbohydrates makes you fat.
- 9. Drink eight, 8-oz. glasses of water per day.
- 8. Brown grain products are whole grain products.
- 7. Eating eggs will raise your cholesterol. This myth began because egg yolks have the most concentrated amount of cholesterol of any food. However, there’s not enough cholesterol there to pose health risks if eggs are eaten in moderation. Studies suggest that eating one egg per day will not raise cholesterol levels and that eggs are actually a great source of nutrients.
- 6. All alcohol is bad for you.
- 5. Vitamin supplements are necessary for everyone.
- 4. Consuming extra protein is necessary to build muscle mass.
- 3. Eating fiber causes problems if you have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- 2. Eating immediately after a workout will improve recovery.
- 1. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by eating foods low on the glycemic index.
“While it has been established that eggs contain cholesterol, it has not yet been proven conclusively that they actually raise the level of serum cholesterol in the human blood stream.” – Lenny
Dispelling The Top 10 Nutrition Myths – [MedicalNewsToday]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook