Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
Organization Session: A Weekly Check In Practice for Ultimate Development
“The secret of success is found in your daily routine.”
Many of us have explored our daily routines to some extent. We have played around and tried all kinds of ways of approaching our days and have found what works for us, or at least what we are comfortable with. However, not many explore beyond day-to-day planning. By additionally reviewing our lives from a weekly perspective, we can allow a greater level of experience to thrive in the ways most meaningful to us.
Opening up to this weekly review of your whole being naturally allows greater levels of flow. Creating a space to prioritize your actions in alignment with your goals helps you to continuously develop yourself more quickly. Having a structure you can trust to process all of the details allows a natural ease of anxiety and therefore more presence in your daily being. Taking this time out allows you to see opportunities that you may have otherwise not been aware of.
Most people I know put caring for themselves last on their priority list. I did it for a long time until I was forced to change through painful circumstances. When we haven’t done it for ourselves, a painful problem often arises, giving us the opportunity.
Creating a weekly retreat gives yourself a delightful space to reconnect, review, and readjust, where necessary. It is a big picture look in which you set up the blueprint for your week. This frees you up so that you can relax into it and trust that you have already implemented the wishes of your highest self. Everything works more beautifully as you get better at being more aware of what you want while setting up your time.
Each Sunday I reserve a time and space to myself in which I retreat into my Weekly Organization Session. This is my most treasured part of the week. It’s my time to connect, sync, and refresh. It is a renewal from the inside out. Many of my biggest breakthroughs are born in this session with myself. At times I have entered it feeling like things were out of control. By the time I am finished, I always feel like everything is moving along beautifully. This is when I naturally make peace with everything going on. It is the foundation of my organization and the overall most valuable thing I do for myself. It’s the one thing that I always do, because I want to. Afterwards I am grounded, clear, and ready for my week.
Key things to remember during your Organization Session:
1. Implement life into your schedule. Schedule everything in pencil to leave opportunity to move things around as you get closer to each day. First start with scheduling the things that are already scheduled or hard to move, such as work, appointments, practices, studying, etc. Be open to the optimal place for each thing. When you consciously choose where to put things, you can align several things together by location, type, or preference. Next add things that you most want to accomplish and move you toward your goals. Continue with adding time for your most important and treasured relationships, including a spiritual one (if desired), and time for you to do what you want.
2. Go through your inboxes. Connect with everything that is going on. Make sure things are moving forward. Is there anything that you can simply let go of? Spend some time checking in on different areas and see which rise as needing attention this week. Implement their associated tasks into your schedule to keep them moving forward.
3. Be open. Not everything goes as planned. However, having a template allows the smaller things to flow around the more important items while creating a consistent movement forward. Go with the flow and do what feels most right to you, don’t be too stuck on your schedule. Stay aware of what works and what doesn’t. Find pockets of time in which you can use in different ways. Learn your preference on the load of things you allow in your life.
4. Integrate change. Apply change where you see opportunities. Refine your development as you become aware. Keeping this weekly appointment facilitates a gentle awareness and the space to continually develop on what you learn.
5. Have fun. Enjoy the journey of it all.
We all have a lot going on. Time and creation are getting faster and faster. We have to be more selective about what makes it into our lives or we may just let it pass by without much realization of it. Ensure your fun, growth, and clarity. Make the things that matter most to you a top priority. Treat yourself to a weekly check in. Keep refreshing on these tips and others out there, find what works best, and enjoy the development of it.
What habits do you have that work best for you? How do you develop everything that is important to you?
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.