If you’d need to pick a place where it could tell about your childhood, what would it be? I’d say the bedroom. James Mollison found that where a child sleep is significant to one’s childhood and so he wrote and photographed the book Where Children Sleep. (Purchase the book in Amazon) It is full of worth reading stories of children around the world where they sleep and provide an insight of different culture and background that children are living in. Take a look at these 18 images that show where children sleep around the world.
1. Tires as beds and rubbish dump as room.
Phnom Penh, 8, Roathy, Cambodia
2. The hard bed under the hay.
Ahkohxet, 8, Amazonia, Brazil
3. The opened bedroom.
Alex, 9, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4. The cot that’s closest to nature.
Nantio, 15, Lisamis, Northern, Kenya
5. The hard-workers’ room.
Lamine, 12, Bounkiling village, Senegal
6. The bunk in a stone.
Bikram, 9, Melamchi, Nepal
7. The bed behind the bars.
Prena, 14, Kathmandu, Nepal
8. Berths in the refugee camp.
Douha, 10, Hebron, The West Bank
9. The room of the Chinese charisma.
Dong, 9, Yunnan, China
10. The classroom-bedroom mix in an orphanage.
Lay Lay, 4, Mae Sot, Thailand
Meanwhile, children in more other countries…
11. The Colombian treasure room.
Jaun David, 10, Medellin, Colombia
12. The ani-comic heaven.
Ryuta, 10, Tokyo, Japan
13. The wargame cravers’ room.
Joey, 11, Kentucky, USA
14. The geisha’s sleeping place.
Risa, 15, Kyoto, Japan
15. The room that symbolizes education.
Jaime, 9, New York, USA
16. Where the little princess dreams.
Jasmine, 4, Kentucky, USA
17. The “we will rock you” room.
Rhiannon, 14, Darvel, Scotland
18. The dolls’ paradise.
Kaya, 4, Tokyo, Japan
What about your bedroom? How was it like when you were small and how did it influence your childhood? If you want to explore more about where children around the world sleep, find out more in the book!
What do you think matters most to your children: The Top 10 Things Children Really Want Their Parents To Do With Them
Get An Awesome Life
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content