How to Make Your Own Healthy Snack Bars
Snack bars are a perfect energy boost during the day, snack on the go, or some quick calories when you’re low on time. Most are created and marketed as healthy, but sometimes it is best to create your own to avoid any health concerns. This recipe to make your own healthy snack bars can be completed within only a 10-15 minutes and will require limited clean-up duties.
- 1. 9 x medjool dates
- 2. 1 x cup almonds
- 3. 1/2 x cup shaved coconut (optional)
- 4. 1 x cup [insert other nut here]
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates
- Place dates, almonds, and all other nuts into a food processor
- Grind until sticky (should not take more than 1-2 minutes)
- Remove, shape them with your hand inside plastic wrap
- Place in the freezer for at least one hour
Featured photo credit: dates and nuts via ShutterstockRead full content
Set a Goal For Yourself
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook
Write For Us!