Here’s a great camping hack to use two aluminum beverage cans to make a small and portable 15 minute stove.Read full content
It’s small, so uses would be limited. Outside of small meats and eggs etc, how about Absynth and sugar?
Things You’ll Need
- 2 aluminum cans, for example, soft drink cans, beer cans; they must be in good condition, with no dents
- Push pin (a pin with a plastic head)
- Hammer (small)-optional
- Sharp knife, utility blade or scissors
- ¼ cup perlite
- If making your own stand : Wire coat hanger (remove any paint with sandpaper beforehand)
Fuel – denatured alcohol, methanol or absolute ethanol. Denatured alcohol is inexpensive and available at any hardware or big box store. Absolute ethanol will be harder to find and a lot more expensive.
- Some leak-proof container to carry your extra fuel. Camp stores have a selection of appropriate bottles that close tightly and dispense cleanly. Clearly mark the fuel bottle. Denatured alcohol contains methanol, which can cause blindness and death if swallowed. Do not use a bottle which resembles a water bottle; you definitely don’t want to drink from the wrong one at night.
How to Make a Simple Beverage Can Stove – [WikiHow]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook