8 Creative Ways to Exercise Wherever You Are!
Everyone knows that exercising is really good for you. It improves your vitality, boosts your health, and leaves you feeling really re-energized and de-stressed. Everyone also knows though that finding time to exercise is one of the biggest challenges we face, as we try to juggle everything we need to do in a day.
It really is difficult to find time to go to the gym. Who actually has an extra 2 hours a day to exercise when you don’t even have time to get through your daily tasks? Sometimes exercise can seem like a real schlep, mostly because it just doesn’t fit into your schedule comfortably.
Most health experts advise you to exercise at least 30 minutes a day to stay fit and healthy. Okay, so 30 minutes isn’t so much, but that still doesn’t make it easier to find 30 minutes! The good news is that research has shown us that if you only exercise for 10 minutes 3 times a day it is just as effective as 30 minutes consecutively! Did you know that? Think about a cash tin — if you keep putting coins in, by the end of the day, it all sums up. That is the same as exercising throughout the day.
Now that you know you don’t need to find 30 minutes consecutively, but rather 10 minute intervals, what do you do, and how can you incorporate this into your current lifestyle easily? This is where you need to start getting creative. Quit those weight loss plans, pills, and diets and try a different, much easier approach to feeling energized and more productive.
Are you ready to change the way you think about exercise and unleash your imagination and creativity? The point is, you don’t need to be in a gym with all the best equipment to build your muscles and tighten your tummy – it is the movement that counts, not the machinery!
Here are some really simple but powerful exercises you can do – FROM ANYWHERE!
So you have arrived home and the last thing on your mind is going to the gym, but you are still desperate to get a little exercise in. Do these exercises to tone and strengthen your whole body from the comfort of your home.
- Watching TV – For 10 minutes (I know you can commit to at least 10 minutes), take advantage of this time to do some stretching, leg lifts, or abdominal crunches on the floor in front of the TV. Again, get creative and be productive while watching TV – kill two birds with one stone.
- Get your legs toned – Forward lunges can be done at home and all you need is yourself! Just a few repetitions a day will go a long way.
- Work your muscles – Wall push-ups are a fabulous way to build those upper arm muscles – just do a few repetitions every day as well and you will see how your muscles start to strengthen in no time.
- Stop using the lift – If you have stairs, for 5 minutes every day before you shower or after work, just walk up and down. Only 5 minutes – it can’t be easier than that.
- Remember jumping jacks – Just before you go for a walk or do your stair climb– these are great warm up and get your heart rate up, which is essential.
- From the comfort of your desk – Do neck stretches as well as arm and leg circles (no one will see the leg circles from under your desk). This technique is also great for releasing stress.
- Another leg exercise from your desk – Keep your back dead straight, put your arms at your side, lift your one foot up so your leg is straight, hold it for a few minutes, and change. Do this a few times to tone legs.
- At lunch – Always take at least a 10 minute walk before or after your lunch. If you can’t get out of the office, walk up the stairs, along the corridor, and back. Do this for 10 minutes each day.
Remember – don’t use the lift! Never pass up the opportunity to exercise with a flight of stairs, whether at home, in the office, or even in the subway.
Sound simple? Of course it is! Getting better results doesn’t need to be so complicated — sometimes it is the smallest changes and effects that yield the biggest results. Stay motivated, keep your imagination open, and remember, if anything has a weight, it can be lifted!
Challenge yourself every day to creatively fit in 30 minutes of exercise with minimal effort on your part. If you want to have more energy and boost your productivity, you must fit in some form of exercise daily. Not having time to go to the gym is no longer an excuse!
If you have more ideas, share them here!
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook