Do you have some used tennis balls sitting in the garage? Then don’t miss this great Mental Floss article featuring 6 great unconventional uses for tennis balls. Of course, even if you have to go buy them for these hacks, it’s certainly worth the investment. After all, the article offers ways tennis balls can be used to help you stop snoring, provide a safe haven for endangered rodents, to clean your house, to work out muscle knots, to help your large clothes dry more evenly in the drier and to catch and kill slugs in your garden. Aside from the ideas listed in the article, you can also slice a line in a tennis ball, screw it into your wall and use it to bite down on your keys while you’re at home.
Who knew tennis balls had so many incredible uses beyond sports and pet entertainment?
1. SLEEP AID - Have a light snoring problem? Tape or otherwise affix a tennis ball to the back of your pajamas before you go to sleep at night
2. MOUSE HOUSE - If you bore a small, mouse-sized hole in a tennis ball, it can make a great safe haven for species of rodents like Eurasian harvest mice.
3. HOUSEKEEPER - Felt is a great material for dusting, because the thick woolen fibers cling well to dust and cobwebs.
4. LAUNDRY MATE - This is another popular DIY housecleaning trick.
5. PHYSICAL THERAPIST - Many physical therapists recommend using a tennis ball to work the kinks out of tight muscles or soothe muscle aches, as the pressure created by sandwiching a tennis ball between your muscle and a wall or floor is good for targeting the tension-sources or “trigger points” that cause muscle distress.
6. SLUG TRAPPER - Next time you have a backyard boozefest, pour one for your homies.
6 Unconventional Uses for the Tennis Ball | Mental Floss
What makes these exceptional teachers so different from the vast majority of educators out there? 13 Ways to Be an Exceptional TeacherFeatured photo credit: Lemsipmattvia Flickr
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook