Time is one commodity that you can’t buy, beg, or bargain to add additional minutes to your day. So, it makes sense to find every possible way to ensure you don’t waste it doing the mundane. Here are 50 life hacks to help your day be just a bit easier.
1. Use wine boxes to store flip flops or sandals and clean up your closet.
2. Place shower caps around your shoes to keep dirty soles away from your clothes.
3. Reuse old cereal boxes as car trash receptacles.
4. Magazine racks make great file organizers!
5. Nail a tennis ball to the wall with a sideways slit to hold anything (keys, pens, papers). You can even create a cute face for decor.
6. Cut the tops off soda bottles and use them to reseal bags. String the bag through the top and screw on the lid.
7. Use an old CD spindle for a bagel tote.
8. Glue magnets on cute tea tins and stick on the fridge or filing cabinet for extra storage space for pens and other loose items.
9. Use hanger or laundry clips to reseal chip bags.
10. Hang a tennis ball from your garage roof so you know when to brake.
11. Ladies, wrap money in sanitary napkin packaging. No one will steal it from your purse!
12. In the unfortunate event that you need to give CPR, compress the chest to the beat of Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees. The tempo is the correct compression timing.
13. To wake up without caffeine, hold your breath as long as possible then breath out slowly. It increases your heart rate.
14. Glue magnets on the corners of a blanket to stretch it over the dryer and make an ironing board.
15. Fold a shirt in 2 seconds! Laundry will be so much faster!
16. Tie extension cords together to keep them from unplugging.
17. Convert your child’s crib to a cute kid’s desk when they are ready to graduate to a bigger bed.
18. Help little kids hold cards in a card game by flipping over a styrofoam egg carton and cutting slits in the bottom to hold the cards.
19. Wrinkly shirt? Throw it in the dryer for a few minutes with some ice cubes for a quick steam press.
20. Put glow sticks in water bottles for outdoor nighttime bowling fun.
21. Use dry ice to remove car dents.
22. Gently shave your sweaters with a razor to remove excess fuzz.
23. Place newspapers in shoes to absorb moisture and odor.
24. Clean out marketing emails from your inbox by using the filter “unsubscribe.”
25. Does your fly come down at embarrassing times? Put a key ring through the zipper tab, zip up your pants, then loop the ring over your button.
26. Use a staple remover to save your nails and fingers when organizing your keys on the ring.
27. Use nail polish matching your car’s paint to cover up scratches.
28. Cat sitting on the computer? Leave a game board box next on your desk. Cats will prefer the box and the cat hair stays out of your keyboard! Win!
29. Need change? Put cash in a vending machine and hit the coin return button without ordering.
30. Placing an envelope in the fridge for an hour will unseal it.
31. If you chew gum while you study a subject, then chew the same flavor when you take the test, it can help you remember.
32. Get gum off your shoe by spraying it with WD-40.
33. Suspect someone is giving you a wrong number? Read it back to them incorrectly. If they don’t correct you, then you know they don’t really want to hear from you.
34. Put dry tea bags in smelly shoes or gym bags. They absorb the bad smell.
35. Combine a squeeze ketchup bottle with a pointed tip over the top of a shop vac to vacuum dust out of your keyboard, phone, microphone, or any other electronic device.
36. Make your password a goal so you are constantly reminded of it every time you log in.
37. Put a binder clip on the end of the rolled toothpaste tube to get every last bit!
38. When camping, use joke candles (the kind that can’t be blown out) to light the fire. You will have no problem with the wind blowing out your flame!
39. Need to shrink a pimple? Put Listerine on it. The alcohol causes it to fade.
40. Storing batteries in the freezer can increase the life span.
41. Want to take your phone to the beach? Put it in a sandwich bag. You can still use the touch screen and your phone stays safe.
42. When moving, place your glasses in your socks for protection.
43. Stack foam plates in between your glass plates when moving to avoid breakage.
44. Cover open bottles with plastic wrap, seal with lid, then tie excess wrap around top to avoid spillage in your suitcase.
45. Take pictures of wiring when moving so you can refer to it for quick set up at your new place.
46. Add frozen fruit instead of ice to your tea. It won’t dilute the tea and it adds a nice flavor.
47. Make a floating cooler with four pool noodles. Cut noodles to the size of the cooler, then string them on a rope and tie them around it. Add ice and drinks and enjoy!
48. Preserve fresh herbs by freezing them in ice cube trays with either water or oil to throw into soups or stir fry later.
49. Want to make a drink ice-cold fast? Wrap in a wet paper towel and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
50. Take leftover used coffee and pour in ice cube trays. You can use it to cool down iced coffee later without diluting it.
More amazing life hacks: 10 Hacks That Can Change Your Day Immediately
Set a goal for yourself
Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook