If you’re like me, you think all brownies are delicious, but it’s still hard to deny that some taste better than others and, in general, homemade ones are better than boxed brownies. There is still hope for those of us who rely on boxed brownie mixes though -you can mix in other flavors and treats in to make them even more delicious. A few great mix-ins include chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, nuts, marshmallows and fruit. While it’s not in the link, I also suggest chopping up Reese’s Cups and mixing them in to your batter.
And you don’t have to rely on mix-ins, you can also try topping them off well too. Things like sprinkled powdered sugar, frosting and Nutella can help turn a bland brownie mix into something truly tasty.
Featured photo credit: Elegant brownies cake with nuts as topping decoration ready for serving at wedding party or seminarvia Shutterstock
1. Add Your Favorite Chocolate Chips to the Mix
2. Toss in Some Peanut Butter Chips
3. Sprinkle Some Powdered Sugar Like a Pro
4. Frosting on Your Brownies
5. Get Nutty
6. Fabulously Fruity
7. Magnificent Marshmallows
8. Add Your Favorite Candy to the Mix
9. Add Lots of Stuff to Your Brownie Mix
10. A Splash of Kahlua or Baileys