Chinese food is deliciously simple and extremely nutritious. Purchase a rice cooker, to add rice to every meal if and when desired. The interior is non-stick and the little pots are easy to clean. There are a number of styles associated with Chinese cuisine, including Cantonese, Shanghai, and Szechuan. Chinese noodles and steamed vegetables are also popular additions to Chinese dishes. These easy Chinese recipes are often quickly prepared in less than thirty minutes. Chicken is often the star ingredient.
1. Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This most delicious recipe is simple to prepare and has very, very easy clean up. It is very similar to P. F. Chang’s. Tod Wilbur unlocked and has shared a very similar restaurant version of his Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Very healthy and low cal! Ready in minutes.
2. Ginger Beef
This great recipe is wonderfully filling and takes very little time to prepare. It has a bit of crunch and is simply delicious. Ginger Beef is easy to prepare and ready to serve in mere minutes.
3. Fried Rice
This dish can serve as a side or be presented as the main course. It also takes care of every grain of leftover rice. Fried Rice
does not take long to prepare and the meal is very satisfying.
4. Sesame Chicken
Many Chinese recipes use chicken as the main ingredient and Sesame Chicken is no exception. Simple, delicious, and remarkably easy to prepare this recipe serves six. Serve over regular or fried rice, this recipe is also quite spicy.
5. Chicken Pineapple
Chicken Pineapple is a sweet and sour dish and is absolutely delicious. Marinade overnight to save ten minutes in prep time. Serve over rice with steamed vegetables.
6. Shanghai Noodles:
Shanghai Noodles are usually served as a side to either beef, pork, or chicken. There is also the option of serving these noodles as the main course. Easily prepared in under thirty minutes.
7. Beef and Broccoli
Beef and Broccoli is delightedly easy to prepare and serve. Use flank or cubed steak for this filling meal. Ready-to-eat in only minutes, serve atop steamed rice.
8. Chicken With Black Pepper Sauce
Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce is a favorite at Chinese buffets. Now the equivalent can be made in the convenience of the home. Simple, delicious, and very filling.
9. Lemon Chicken
Lemon Chicken is best served over steamed rice. Other side options are rice noodles or fried rice. This recipe is also great for those who love garlic and it takes very little time to prepare.
10. Mandarin Chicken
Mandarin Chicken takes a bit longer to prepare, but is very much worth the wait. Very easy to prepare. Serve with steamed vegetables and steamed rice.
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size equal pieces (easier to cut when partially frozen)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup sugar (or less, according to taste)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Spray chicken breasts with vegetable oil spray.
- Grill chicken breasts 4-6 mins per side or until done (chicken should be brown in spots).
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium until sugar is dissolved, stirring often.
- Bring to boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to sauce pan, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4-6 mins or until sauce thickens.
- Pour chicken into a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Heat until chicken sizzles, then reduce heat and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Heat through.
- Serve over white rice.
The rise of foodie and health culture over the past decade has made us much more aware about the quality of the food that we consume. 100 Healthy Recipes That You Can Learn in 15 Minutes
Get An Awesome Life
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content