Most personal development and productivity experts suggest mornings as the best time for clear and focused results-driven work. I’ve experienced the same and form my days around just a few hours of work in the morning between 10am and 1pm. I also believe that different people work best at different times, but no matter when you’re productive hours are, it’s important you set up your day for greater wellbeing with some healthy morning rituals. Here are ten ideas:
- Wake up. Don’t hit snooze. Jump out of bed as if someone threw a bucket of cold water on you. Half of your day’s success is actually showing up and being excited. Rest time is over, get out of bed now.
- Drink a pint of water first thing in the morning. If you don’t like water on its own, squeeze some fresh lime into it. Water is great for you – you know that, mom said that and now we’ve got to do it!
- Make yourself a blend of fruits that excite you. I love a carrot-apple-ginger juice and drink it in the morning before eating and wait at least an hour or so before I eat.
- Go out and take in the sunlight. I wake up when I see sun. Its energy, invigoration and excitement is absolutely amazing. Get up and spend a minute outside looking up in the sky taking in the morning light. Wrap up warm if it’s cold, but make sure you do it.
- Spend time in silence. Be grateful for what you have. Mentally or on paper, plan the day out. If you don’t do the previous night, write out your to-do list of the most exciting and important things.
- Cuddle your kids (or find some to cuddle). Kids bring excitement and awe in the way they think and view the world. Spending time around them helps you to cultivate the inner child within you. And doing it from the morning is even better.
- Brush your tongue. Lose the morning breath and start off on a minty note.
- Go for a walk. Or hop on the treadmill for 30 minutes. People who walk in the morning have more energy than those who walk at night after a long day. Use the work to appreciate your surroundings and plan your day. In silence if possible.
- Drink green tea. Instead of coffee, have a cup of green tea. Boosts your energy, provides antioxidants and has been promoted as a great natural healthy option.
- Journal. A list of rituals without journaling in the morning isn’t complete. I find it the most exhilarating thing to be sitting down for a short period and just writing out whatever comes to my head, no matter whether it immediately makes sense to me or not.
What do you do in the morning as part of your “rituals”?
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content