The calmest dude on the planet has a few words to get your through your day. Whether or not religion is your cup of tea, these are still some good pointers.
These quotes come from the 14th and current Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, who was born in 1935. He has also been quoted as saying he may be the last Dalai Lama reincarnation. This has a lot to do with the People’s Republic of China taking control of Tibet and insisting they will select the 15th Dalai Lama.
Anyway, I’ll count down the list, Letterman-style. Thanks to The Ririan Project for putting these together.
- 10. “Be gentle with the earth.”
- 9. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.”
- 8. “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
- 7. “Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.”
- 6. “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.”
- 5. “Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.”
- 4. “Spend some time alone every day.”
- 3. “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.”
- 2. “When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.”
And the number one quote from Tibet’s leader is fitting for us Valentines and Entrepreneurs alike:
- 1. “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.”
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”
10 Timeless Lessons From Dalai Lama – [RirianProject]Read full content
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook