Things That Matter Most: Becoming a Great Leader #6
This is the last in a series of articles on becoming a great leader. It is a collection of the staples of great leadership and is compiled from many sources.
- Great leaders KNOW it is PEOPLE not PROGRAMS that create a quality organization.
- Great leaders have clear, consistent expectations.
- Great leaders take into account the impact of their decisions on those they work with.
- Great leaders plan a purpose for everything they do.
- Great leaders create a positive atmosphere and work climate.
- Great leaders have high expectations for those they work with and greater expectations for themselves.
- Great leaders consistently apply Socrates 3 filter test to anything they pass along.
- Great leaders work to maintain positive relationships to those they work with.
- Great leaders know it makes much more sense to retrain existing staff than to recruit new staff.
- Great leaders treat everyone as a valuable entity.
Previous posts in the series:
- The Power of Praise: Becoming a Great Leader #5
- Fostering Responsibility: Becoming a Great Leader #4
- Reining in Rule Breakers: Becoming a Great Leader #3
- Motivating Others: Becoming a Great Leader #2
- Becoming a Great Leader
Reg Adkins writes on behavior and the human experience at (elementaltruths.blogspot.com).
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook