Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
The Guide on Learning Styles and Style Discovery Test
Everyone has different styles of learning – some people learn knowledge through visual diagrams and charts, some people learn things from logical reasoning and analysis system. To able to increase your learning speed and quality, it is important to understand which types suit you:Everyone has different styles of learning – some people learn knowledge through visual diagrams and charts, some people learn things from logical reasoning and analysis system. To able to increase your learning speed and quality, it is important to understand which types suit you:
… Many people recognize that each person prefers different learning styles and techniques. Learning styles group common ways that people learn. Everyone has a mix of learning styles. Some people may find that they have a dominant style of learning, with far less use of the other styles. Others may find that they use different styles in different circumstances. There is no right mix. Nor are your styles fixed. You can develop ability in less dominant styles, as well as further develop styles that you already use well … (learning-style-online.com)
There are different learning styles:
- Visual (spatial). You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial
- Aural (auditory-musical). You prefer using sound and music.
- Verbal (linguistic). You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
- Physical (kinesthetic). You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
- Logical (mathematical). You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
- Social (interpersonal). You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
- Solitary (intrapersonal). You prefer to work alone and use self-study.
To found out what is your own personal learning styles, you can take learning-styles-online.com’s free learning styles inventory test.
- Should we be using learning styles? What research has to say to practice – [eCornell Research Blog] (PDF)
- Matters of Style (Different learning styles model discussed) – [Richard M. Felder]
- Introduction to Learning Styles – [Ageless Learner]
- Learning Styles Online – [learning-styles-online.com]
- Simplier version of Learning Styles – [LdPride.net]
- Explorations in Learning & Instruction: The Theory Into Practice Database – [psychology.org]
- VARK Guide to Learning Styles – [VARK]
- JCU: Learning Styles – [JCU]
- Paragon Learning Style Inventory – [Dr. John Shindler’s Web]
- More Learning Inventory – [Wendy Sue Harper]
- Exploring your own learning style – [Study Guides and Startegies]
- Experiential Learning: Experience as the Source of Learning and Development
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.