Steps When You Can’t Get Started Writing
Starting to write is difficult, when you have no flow of ideas. I think many of you encountered this issue, and Judy Rose has no exception. She got together a set of steps to help herself on walking the first step. Once you have the first step, the flow will come:
- Identify the purpose in your own mind
- Let the reader know the purpose
- Set the context
- Know what you want to tell the reader
- Organize your points in logical order
- Before you close, repeat the purpose of the letter
- Get rid of the mistakes
- Think about whether the letter is too long
- Watch out for that nasty computer!
- Put it down. Have a drink of water. Come back and read it again
- Reconfirm that you’ve done the job
Does it make sense? What are your ways to help yourself started on writing?
When You Can’t Get Started Writing – [Writing English]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook