Introduction to GreaseMonkey:
Sometimes when you use a web service, you thought wouldn’t be faster if the developer has added this button so that you don’t have to go thru all those navigations.
Like me, I find it very harsh by not having a delete button in my Gmail account. Everytime I need to delete an email, I need to go to the pull down menu and select “Move to Trash”.
- Install GreaseMonkey Extension Updated: 2005/07/22
- After restarting firefox, come back to this page and right click on the script link below. You should able to see “Install User Script…” on the popup menu. Click that to install the script
- The script will then install into GreaseMonkey. By default, the script should be automatically included with one or more web pages.
For end user without programming experience, don’t worry. There are whole stack of scripts already available for you to just install.
Here’s my top recommendations:
- Gmail Smart-Delete Button Modification: Enable to add a “Delete” button on Gmail interface! (more..) Updated: 2005/05/28
- Ta-Da List Enhancements: “This script will add your lists to the right hand side of the list page.” (more..) Updated: 2005/06/02
- CustomizeGoogle – enhance Google search results by adding links to other useful services.
- Webolodeon – keep you out of meaningless web surfing. (more..)
- Del.icio.us popularity: Sort listed entries by number of linkers! Very useful.
- Bloglines Sidebar Squeezer: If you have so many blogs in bloglines like me, you really want to see more sites on the sidebar. This script able to remove the extraneous header and squishes the text of the sidebar so you can see more feeds at once.
- Google Image Re-Linker: “It’s purpose is to make links in Google Image Search point directly to the image, instead of loading up a thumbnail in a frame.” (more..) Updated: 2005/05/28
- Del.icio.us Skinner: Able to beautify del.icio.us.
Link Resources for GreaseMonkey:
General and Scripts:
Development on GreaseMonkey:
- Free Online Development Book on GreaseMonkey – Dive Into GreaseMonkey
- development – XML in Mozilla
- GreaseMonkey compiler – convert any greasemonkey script to a full functional firefox extension
Blogs and News on GreaseMonkey:
- Wired News: Firefox Users Monkey With the Web
- Blog: Greasemonkey will blow up business models (as well as your mind)
- O’Reilly Radar on Annotate google Greasemonkey script
- mnot’s blog on Greasemonkey and the Web
More and more resource will be added. Stay tuned more on how to speed up your web broswering.Read full content
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook