Number 4 of 10 on the Greatest Tool of All Time List.
The only known protection to the hole in the time space continuum is the clear-lidded-empty-margarine-tub. Without it all of your smaller than a breadbox items will be lost forever.
What is it good for?
- Keep the needle for your basketball safe inside.
- Corral your lose paper clips and thumb tacks.
- Grab some plaster of Paris and stick junior’s foot in. Send it to Grandma. It’s a definite in for the will.
- Cut a slit in the top. It makes a handy change bank.
- Poke a few holes in the bottom and it makes a great seed starter.
- Poke air holes in the lid and let your kid use it to collect bugs.
- Concrete anchor. Fill it with concrete and use it to keep your “divers down” flag from floating away.
- Dog dinner. If you need to take your dog on a day trip, it will hold enough grub for about 1 feeding.
- Paint container. It’s just the right size for touch ups and trim.
- Bait container. Poke a few holes in the lid and add some worms and wet newspaper. There is nothing better for keeping your bait handy.
Ok, folks I ran a spell and grammar check on this post. It wasn’t nearly as much fun.
Readers gave great tips on the additional uses for WD-40. What have you got for empty margarine tubs?
Reg Adkins writes on behavior and the human experience at (elementaltruths.blogspot.com).
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content