Very interesting idea. What are the way to catch a mouse without using a cruelly mousetrap? Chris Glass at his blog introduces a humanely method on catching a mouse – by using a trash can, a toilet paper tube and some food:
1. Get a toilet paper tube and crease two lines to form a flat sided tunnel.
2. Put a treat on one end of the tube: A cracker and dab of peanut butter works great.
3. Get a tall (at least 20 inches) bucket. A trash can works well.
4. Balance the tube precariously on the edge of a table or counter with the treat hanging directly over the tall sided receptacle.
5. The mouse will scurry to the treat (they like tunnels) and fall into the trap.
On the top of the article, he has a cute illustration on showing how does it works as well. What a lifehack!
How to catch a mouse without a mousetrap – [Chris Glass]