How to Become a Regular
Isn’t it great to be a regular of a restaurant and treat like a VIP there – having benefits that no one usually has – like discounts, warmly respected by staff, immediate seating arrargement etc? Well you can now with a guide by Grey Cerveny on how to become a regular. He has more than 20 tips on making you a regular on any restaurant you want. It seems mostly about good manners and don’t take their service as granted because you pay for it:
- Visit the same restaurant three times in the first month, then once a month ongoing. These are minimums, visit more if you like.
- Use your name and theirs. Hi [server], my name is [me]…
- Use the restaurant for a party, catering, or other service.
- Bring new friends (customers) and introduce them. Use this as an opportunity to stay in touch friends.
- Tip 20% on the total bill (tax, drinks, everything) and round up to the nearest dollar.
- Tip the same percentage, don’t over tip unless you plan to do it every time. (Over tipping is not necessary. )
- Tip on free benefits, or you won’t receive them anymore.
- Treat servers as if they have more knowledge of the menu items than you , because they do.
- Work with the same knowledge set as the restaurant. (Know what sushi is hip and what is pop, what dishes are authentic and which are americanized)
- Inquire about and order house/chef specialties.
- Don’t ask for the owner if you don’t know him.AdvertisingAdvertising
How to Become a Regular – [Urban Monarch via Lifehacker]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook