I had a chance recently to review mynoteIT, which comes off as a kind of Backpack for students. But what’s great about it (and where I think Alex and Justin Weidmann have hit a home run with this product) is that they’ve specialized the program. It’s truly built for students. Listen to some of these features:
- Give them your scores, they’ll calculate your grade.
- Spot to plug in your teachers’ contact info.
- Note-taking with auto-save, with dictionary and translation built in.
- Community search for homework help, including in-site bookmarking.
- Friends list for you and classmates.
- Standalone and group calendaring options.
mynoteIT makes it easy to evaluate, because they have a TRY IT section to let you evaluate the product even before signing up. Forget that for a minute, because I’m really stuck on the fact that these guys did it right: they saw a way to be helpful, and they built their code around that. It’s worth checking out and thinking about. If you’re building yet another tracking, task, to-do, and calendering software for the masses, what COULD you do with it that’d make it very useful to a specific demographic? Now that I think of that, Jake, give me an email, okay?
mynoteIT – Student Life Management Online
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content