Keith over To-Done has written a very nice article on confidence. He showed couple of tips on how to develop your self-confidence:
- Just Do It
- Recall past successes
- Positive thinking
- Remind what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger
- Take deep breaths
- Go through my “kudos” file
- Focus on one thing and take it slow
- Listen, think, then speak
- Remember that I’m not the only one who feels this way
Those are very effective ways on overcoming your lack of confidence.
Here is one more thing that I do to develop confidence – Repetitions. I used to struggle with public speaking and I was not totally comfortable to speak in front of people. I tried to overcome lack of confidence on presentation by finding opportunities to practice and practice until I am not afraid on it anymore. This is a very useful ways on gaining confidence over a task.