A former sales rep for phone compaby, Verizon, got in touch with The Consumerist to help deal shoppers get the edge whilst in the store.
It’s a handy 8 stepper just to make sure you’re on the same playing field as the reps.
- Never get a 2-year contract.
- Verizon reps get tons of money from new lines and certain accessories and text packages, take advantage of this.
- Mention the lost or stolen program to get 25% off a new phone, even if you’re under contract.
- If you’re on a rate plan of $59.99 or higher, you can get “a new phone (and new contract) for the discounted price after 12 months.”
- Insurance is a rip-off.
- Tell them you’ll sign up for the Unlimited Data Plan with your Treo.
- Reps don’t get as much money if you’re still in a contract.
- Ask for a loyalty credit on the phone before going to the store.
8 Confessions Of A Former Verizon Sales Rep – [TheConsumerist]
Set a goal for yourself
"Some people say money is evil, but I don't agree. If I manage it well and make good use of it, it'll only make my life better."Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook