OEDb consolidates 77 ways to knowledge and learning that can improve your learning performance from varies sources. It includes areas like Health, Balance, Perspective and Focus, Recall Techniques, Visual Ads, Verbal and Auditory Techniques, Kinesthetic Techniques, Self-Motivation Techniques, and Supplemental Techniques. There are also specific tips for teachers, tutors, parents, students and self-studiders on how should one be deliver or receive the teaching. I really enjoy the tips on Visual Aids:
18. Every picture tells a story. Draw or sketch whatever it is you are trying to achieve. Having a concrete goal in mind helps you progress towards that goal.
19. Brainmap it. Need to plan something? Brain maps, or mind maps, offer a compact way to get both an overview of a project as well as easily add details. With mind maps, you can see the relationships between disparate ideas and they can also act as a receptacle for a brainstorming session.
20. Learn symbolism and semiotics. Semiotics is the study of signs and symbols. Having an understanding of the symbols of a particular discipline aids in learning, and also allows you to record information more efficiently.
21. Use information design. When you record information that has an inherent structure, applying information design helps convey that information more clearly. A great resource is Information Aesthetics, which gives examples of information design and links to their sources.
22. Use visual learning techniques. Try gliffy for structured diagrams. Also see Inspiration.com for an explanation of webs, idea maps, concept maps, and plots.
23. Map your task flow. Learning often requires gaining knowledge in a specific sequence. Organizing your thoughts on what needs to be done is a powerful way to prepare yourself to complete tasks or learn new topics.
What else? Subscribe lifehack.org’s feed, as one of the sources of this article, you can learn more learning skills, quickly.
Thanks Jimmy Atkinson for the news!
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content