Working from home is great, you could have more opportunities to be with your family, you can save time to commute etc. it may become a bit tricky where your work and life are mashed together. Dane Carlson from Business Opportunities Weblog has sent me a post on his tips on create a better environment and situation for your work and your family:
- Create an office separate from the main living areas of the house and declare it off limits during working hours.
- Invest in some quality headphones for quiet, heads down, work.
- Maintain a good work schedule, and stick to it.
- Train the children to go silent when Dad’s cellphone rings, but make sure your cellphone ringer is turned on.
- Take a long lunch and enjoy your opportunity to work from home.
- Ask your spouse to communicate with you via IM or email.
I like the sixth tip on asking your spouse or family to communicate through a more indirect channel. This is a less distraction compared to tapping on the shoulder. You can choose when to answer, so that it won’t interrupt your flow.
6 Tips for Working at Home With Children – [Business Opportunities Weblog]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content