With our work and things that happen in life, deadlines, tight schedules, dreadful tasks can lead to stress. Fortunately there are ways you could do to manage or even reduce the level of stress. American Lung Association has a PDF on 52 proven ways to relieve your stress level. Take a look some of the recommendations:
11. Allow 15 minutes of extra time to get to appointments. Plan to arrive at an airport one hour before domestic departures.
12. Eliminate (or restrict) the amount of caffeine in your diet.
13. Always set up contingency plans, “just in case.” (“If for some reason either of us is delayed, here’s what we’ll do…” Or, “If we get split up in the shopping center, here’s where we’ll meet.”)
14. Relax your standards. The world will not end if the grass doesn’t get mowed this weekend.
15. Pollyanna-Power! For every one thing that goes wrong, there are probably 10 or 50 or 100 blessings. Count ’em!
16. Ask questions. Taking a few moments to repeat back the directions that someone expects of you, etc., can save hours. (The old “the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get” idea.)
17. Say “No!” Saying no to extra projects, social activities and invitations you know you don’t have the time or energy for takes practice, self-respect and a belief that everyone, everyday, needs quiet time to relax and to be alone.
We may create our own stress when we over commit with appointments and responsibility. Schedule some time to relax and rewind yourself – You need that in a long run.
52 Proven Stress Reducers – [American Lung Association]Read full content
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook