Here is a pretty amazing page – Interweb has a collection of 200 lifehacks from how to remove a broken key from a lock, to tips for cutting hot cake. Good page to be bookmarked and saved for future references. Here is a snippet from the collection:
- Remove a broken key from a lock: Put some super glue on broken off part, insert, hold a few seconds and pull.
- Remove a broken light bulb: Stick a bar of soap into jagged edges, use soap as handle.
- Remove a stubborn screw: Heat with a soldering iron for a few seconds first.
- Protect children from sockets: Keep a piece of electrical tape over them when not in use.
- Good glass door safety tip: Put a BIG decal on the glass and patio doors.
- Keep nails from splitting wood: Blunt sharp end of nail before you use by hitting with hammer.
- Repair small holes in screen: Plug holes with clear nail polish, let dry, repeat until filled.
- Straighten warped phono records: Place record between two sheets of glass, let sit in sun for a while.
- Best way to clean phono records: Dip in solution of detergent and water, rinse and wipe dry.
- Make your own fireplace logs: Roll newspapers up tightly in shape of logs.
- How to remove oil from a driveway: Cover with sand let stand for a few days, then sweep off.
- Keep fish hooks from rusting: Stick them in a cork and submerge in some baking soda.
- Make sandpaper last longer: Back sandpaper with masking tape.
- How to revive old razor blades: Rub them back and forth inside a drinking glass.
- Remove road tar from cars: Sodium bicarbonate on a damp cloth.
Free, Amazing Secrets, Household Hints, Saving Money – [InterWeb]
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook