Thank you for printing our article. Explore Lifehack for similar articles to help you improve your life.
How To Stay At The Top Of Your Game Everyday
Every person has a dream, which he or she wishes to fulfill at some point of time in his or her life. It could be about anything – to build a booming business, become a successful model, go on a world tour, serving the less privileged ones or simply getting married to someone you love.Every person has a dream, which he or she wishes to fulfill at some point of time in his or her life. It could be about anything – to build a booming business, become a successful model, go on a world tour, serving the less privileged ones or simply getting married to someone you love.
However, dreams don’t come true unless you are motivated enough to work towards your goals and strive persistently until they are accomplished. As the road to success gets tougher, most people lose heart and soon give up on their dreams.
The initial enthusiasm and determination withers away and it becomes extremely challenging to re-motivate yourself again to pursue your dreams with renewed vigor.
If you are one of those who follow their dreams for a while and suddenly lose interest if it takes a bit too long to attain them, then you can use the following tips to stay motivated:
- You need to develop a positive frame of mind and create a vivid vision about the dream. This vision must also portray you as an achiever who has finally got what he always wanted. You must also weigh your strengths and weaknesses carefully so that you can build an effective strategy to achieve your goals. You must also decide how badly you want to attain your goals because without commitment none of the strategies will work.
- Next step is to identify all those things that inspire you and the ones that de-motivate. You may find success stories of other people highly motivating or may have a role model who inspires you.
- Ask yourself if you have the passion, which is a vital ingredient of success. In the absence of passion, it will be difficult to achieve even smaller goals. Career consultants regard passion as the biggest motivator and if believe that if you have passion, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
- You need to find out the reason “why”. Why do you have the dream in the first place? You want to find out the motivation that keeps your dreams alive. When the journey gets tiring, it’ll keep you going on. This process also allows you to have a greater self-awareness of yourself. What do you really want in life? And why do you want it.
- Now that you have found a way to stay motivated, you need to have a back-up plan just in case things don’t go your way. It happens to everybody at some point of time – you believe that by doing ‘A’, you will get ‘B’, however by the end of the day you realize that the outcome was just not what you had expected. This can he highly de-motivating, however, having a good strategy for a ‘rough day’ can boost your confidence in trying times. You may also seek peace of mind and tranquility through yoga or meditation. It will not only have a soothing effect on your mind, but also give you an entirely different perspective to look at problems and failures.
- Another important aspect you must take into account is the environment you are in. Environment includes the surroundings as well as the people around you. It should be positive and energizing or else it will have a negative psychological effect on you. Choose to be with people who support you and motivate you to move on.
So, declutter your mind to eliminate emotional drains and free up energy. It will lift your spirits and also help you to set your priorities right. Don’t lose sight of your goals, reminisce your visions and invent your own path to success!
George Tee is the author of “Secrets Of Scoring ‘A’s” and founder of Learning Nest – Secretsofstudying.com . A few of his popular articles are 5 Hacks That Make Study Simple And Effective, How To Effectively Manage Your Time and How I Excel In My Exams And Emerge Among The Top 53 Students.
© 2005 - 2018 Lifehack · All Rights Reserved.