60 Thought Provoking Questions That Will Change Your Perspective On Life
We spend most of our lives whizzing through our days. There is precious little time to self-reflect in order to change our perspective on life.
These questions are designed to help you get started on one of the most important things you can do for yourself; become more self-reflective in order to improve yourself and your relationships.
As you read these questions, consider how they might challenge long held assumptions you may have about yourself and others.
- Who are the people you surround yourself with?
- Do you have a personal mission statement?
- How do you express your gratitude for good things and people you have in your life?
- What are you spending your money on?
- Are you satisfied with your work?
- If you had unlimited resources, how would you live your life?
- Did you pause to celebrate the last time you accomplished a goal, big or small?
- Do you consider yourself worthy of love and admiration?
- How do you react when you encounter a homeless person?
- Do you meditate daily for at least 5 minutes?
- What story are you telling yourself about your life?
- How do you deal with failure?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What do you want your life to look like in 5 years? Do you have a plan to get there?
- What messages have you internalized?
- What inspires you?
- If you could only speak one word today, what would you say?
- When was the last time you took some time to be alone?
- If you could spend 15 minutes with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
- Did you say “I love you” to the most important person in your life today?
- What step can you take today in order to fulfill your deepest desire?
- How have you educated yourself today?
- What did failure to reach your goal teach you about yourself?
- Did you read a positive or uplifting book today?
- Are you holding on to any past mistakes?
- What habits are holding you back from success?
- Are you feeding your fears or your hopes and dreams?
- What gives you peace?
- How do you challenge your assumptions?
- What is the biggest frustration you’re facing now?
- Are your goals and dreams written down?
- What is your relationship with money?
- How do you keep a sense of perspective when life gets difficult?
- Are you a good listener?
- What gives you meaning?
- How often do you keep in touch with family and friends?
- What is the source of your procrastination?
- How much time are you spending on social media?
- Are you able to say no, even when it makes you unpopular?
- Who are your professors in the school of life?
- Do you bring your work home with you?
- When was the last time you had an exciting idea that kept you awake most of the night? Are you pursuing that idea today?
- What are the top 2 compliments you hear from people about yourself?
- When someone sees your name on caller ID, what thoughts and feelings do you want them to have?
- Have you ever invested in yourself financially? Why or why not?
- If you were asked to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
- What books have influenced you the most?
- Who are the people under your influence?
- Do you trust your own instincts?
- Do you choose happiness or leave it to chance?
- Are you open to experiencing something outside your comfort zone everyday?
- What small habit can you change today?
- What’s your favorite exercise routine?
- Name one psychological barrier in your life? What is it holding you back from doing?
- Do you fear rejection? What are you doing to overcome this fear?
- Do you follow through on commitments?
- How many times a day do you check your email?
- Are you content? If not, what is the source of your lack of contentment?
- If you could eliminate one things from your life today, what would it be?
- Who are you becoming?
I encourage you to go through the questions again, slowly and deliberately. This list is not exhaustive, so I hope it inspires you to ask more thought provoking questions and inspire you for the better.
Featured photo credit: hahanrijivia pixabay.com
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook