If you are in a relationship or had a relationship before, then you know the sparkles your partner could bring to your life. Kelly Erickson, the owner of VisionPoints The (Small Business!) Experience Designers, shared with us why having a partner makes you happier in life on Quora. What you’ll miss out if you don’t have a girlfriend (or a boyfriend)?
Depends entirely on the girlfriend. Some things you might be missing out on:
- Soft smells from her hair, her skin, her extra set of clothes that she leaves in your closet.
- Hugs, peekaboo-guess-who, kisses on the back of your neck when you’re hard at work and forgot about the world around you for too long.
- Good cooking, or maybe good-morning coffee, or good takeout.
- Inspiration, shared jokes, mind-bending middle-of-the-night discussions.
- A buddy who’ll hand you a tissue during the sad parts of your favorite movies… you know when Bruce Willis died in that one, you got all choked up, didn’t you?
- An enthusiastic fan of your career, your writing, your sense of humor, your (terrible) saxophone playing, your pickup games of basketball on Saturday mornings.
- A convert to your football team… at least on the weeks when her favorite team isn’t playing yours.
- New music you didn’t know about.
- Someone to tell about that new song you just heard… even if it’s kind of cheesy she’ll probably give it a try.
- Stories of her life before you.
- Someone to brag to, who loves listening to you brag.
- Whispered sweet nothings.
- A helper when you need a hand.
- Someone to help—who shows her appreciation in wild and wonderful ways, like cake when it’s not your birthday.
- Tons of new experiences, new places to go, new foods to try, new friends to learn about, new authors and artists to consider, new lingerie to appreciate.
- Someone to grow into and grow comfortable with.
- Someone to tell secrets to… good ones and bad ones… without judgement.
- Phone calls when your boss isn’t within earshot.
- Texts when your boss isn’t looking.
- A hand to hold, and arms to hold you, when times are tough and you’re not sure you can support your own weight any more.
- A perspective very different from your own, but meltingly familiar.
- Butterflies in your stomach.
- The gentle jealousy of being in a secure relationship with someone who’s a “catch” in your eyes—yet your eyes are the only ones that count to her.
- French kisses.
- Someone to be insanely, animalistically, proud of at all times.
- Someone to be insanely, animalistically, protective of at all times.
- Someone to be insane and animalistic with. At any time.
Some truths about relationships that you need to know: 13 Simple Relationship Truths You Need To KnowFeatured photo credit: Figures of happy guy holding his girlfriend while the latter raising her arms at sunset via ShutterstockRead full content
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook