Relationships: some dread them, while others crave them. And what is it about them that make them so lovable yet difficult at the same time?
We all have gone through the honeymoon phase, when we are convinced that the perfection is here to stay―forever―and then we dive into that not-so-perfect zone when we realize that we might have taken that love for granted. The perfect relationship is about balance. Neglecting any aspect of it might rock the boat a little and a few friendly reminders cause no harm. Therefore, here are a few quotes about unconditional love, the ups and downs of marriage, and everlasting friendship that every couple should know.
1. Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. ― Zora Neale Hurston
2. You know you have found love when you can’t find your way back. ― Robert Brault
3. He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began. ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
4. And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth, “You owe me.” Look what happens with love like that. It lights up the sky. ― Rumi
5. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. — Anaïs Nin
6. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space. — Marilyn Monroe
7. But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. ― Khalil Gibran
8. By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher. ― Socrates
9. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give to you forever. ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
10. Our eyelashes brushed like they would weave together by themselves, turning us into one wild thing. I say, “I think I missed you before I met you even.” ― Francesca Lia Block
11. Last night, I got up the courage to ask you if you regretted us. “There are things I miss,” you said. “But if I didn’t have you, I’d miss more.” ― David Levithan, The Lover’s Dictionary
12. The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands. ― Alexandra Penney
13. The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are. ― Stephen R. Covey
14. Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you. ― Jacques Prévert
15. When I am with you, we stay up all night. When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep. Praise God for those two insomnias! And the difference between them. ― Rumi
16. Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. — Albert Einstein
17. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. ― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
18. So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me…everyday. — Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
19. Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place. ― Ice T
20. Take my hand and we’ll make it―I swear! ― Jon Bon Jovi, Livin’ on a Prayer
What are your favorites? Let us know in the comments.
I love inspirational quotes. They are powerful nuggets of wisdom condensed into 1-2 lines. 20 Inspirational Quotes To Brighten Your Day